3 May 2008

Using the image input type to post a form in IE

Posted by kilbot | Filed under: Programming

I had one of those ‘gotcha’ moments yesterday when testing a contact form I had made for a client. The issue (and fix) is painfully obvious once you see it, but it did leave me scratching my head for about an hour so I thought it was worth writing down.

The form worked as expected in Firefox, Safari and Opera (I develop on a mac), but when I tested in IE 6 & 7 nothing happened – you’d click the submit button but the form would not be processed… a rather serious usability issue you might say.

Read the rest of this entry »